Saturday AM Update:
I will tidy this up a bit today and then write the game recap. Great game between Ankeny and Dowling. A few stories to share from the locker room and the press box you’ll want to read about later today. Look for it tonight around 10p. We’re getting ready for another YBHA week. Regular readers of this blog know what that means. You’ve all been warned. -Paul
Thanks to Jesse Gavin of No, It’s Iowa blog and Mike Ferlazzo of the Iowa Sports Connection for joining us at halftime. Here’s Jesse’s post game interviews with Connor Bravard and Dalton Parrott. Then you can do a little study on the Little Hawks.
Greetings from the UNI-Dome. I’ll do what I can to keep this updated during the game. A preview lives here.
We’re only on AM1150 in Des Moines tonight, no Internet streaming is allowed by the IAHSAA.
We’ll have most of the in-game updates on http://www.Twitter.com/KWKYSports
- BTW, 7-7 Bettendorf and City High with 8:56 left in the 3rd Quarter. Great game.
- City High scores two 4th Quarter scores to pull ahead 21-7.
- Final from the UNI-Dome as City High advances to the championship game with a 21-7 win over Bettendorf. The Little Hawks play in the title game next Friday night at 730p at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls. I did see KWQC’s Dan Pearson and the former TV6’r, now WQAD sports guy, Kory Kuffler in the house on Friday.
- 72 yard TD pass to Austin Fischer from Joel Lanning, 7-0 Ankeny. :07 1st Quarter.
- 1 yard TD run by Joel Lanning puts Ankeny up 14-0. 2:43 2nd Quarter. that capped a 11 play, 80 yard drive. Big plays a run by Carter Brandt.
- Connor Bravard on 4th and Goal from the one foot line scores to cut the lead in half, 14-7 Ankeny.
- 3rd Q: 42 yard FG by Mac Chapman. 14-10 Ankeny leads with 6:36 left in the 3rd Q.
- Dowling driving, but the 3rd quarter ends. Ball on Ankeny 11 to start the 4th Quarter. 14-10 Ankeny leads.
- 1 yd TD QB sneak by Connor Bravard, Dowling takes lead for the first time tonight at 10:52 in the 4th Quarter. Maroons lead 17-14. 10 plays, 80 yard drive.
- Ankeny counters with the reverse from 9 yards out, Greg Raney scores the TD, Hawks 21 Maroons 17.
- TD pass to Amarah Darboh for 14 yards TD. 5 plays, 64 yard drive for the Maroons. 24-21 Dowling leads. 4:21 left 4th Q.
- Dowling converts on 4th down to seal the game, 24-21. The Maroons back to the state title game for the first time since 2001. They will play City High at 730 in Cedar Falls.